Question: What are you looking for when considering your overall dental healthcare? Excellent care? An office close to work or home? Affordable fees and payment options? Complete service with many treatment options? Well, of course, you want the best of all these options. Our office presents superior dental health choices for you in a comfortable and caring environment:
• Excellence in Dentistry Services Dr, Shankland has been in practice for 35 years in the Central Ohio area and his excellence in care has earned him the respect of his patients and the dental community. From routine dental, restorative, prosthetic and even extensive complicated treatment, Dr. Shankland's experience and skill provides every patient with confidence that they are receiving outstanding treatment!
• Metal and Mercury-free Dentistry Even though the ADA considers amalgam (silver) fillings safe, our philosophy is that there are health risks associated with the mercury used in amalgam fillings. We use only safe composite resin material that is tooth-colored. We want you to enjoy your white smile without the appearance of metal!
• Implant Services The advantage of dental implants is they look and feel like your natural teeth. Implants are designed to be placed into the bone of the missing tooth or teeth and replaced with a prosthetic over the implant. Traditional replacement of missing teeth with bridges or partials often requires treatment to additional healthy teeth. Implants can be used to secure full dentures in place as well. Dr. Shankland will be providing these services in the fall of 2013.
• Laser Technology This is an exciting new technology that provides
• Comfort Dental Care Why do people avoid going to the dentist? Past painful experiences in the dental chair. We offer a caring and peaceful environment with techniques to reduce your anxiety and discomfort associated with certain dental procedures.
• Whitening for Life Your smile is important to us! Whitening for Life is an exciting free program to help you maintain your confidence with your smile and overall good dental health routines! Your whitening ($300.00 value) kit is provided after your initial routine cleaning, exam and restorative procedures have been completed. Every six months at your check up, you will be given whitening material to continue
• Oral and Nitrous Sedation Nitrous oxide, or laughing gas, is a safe and inexpensive sedation to reduce your anxiety for dental procedures. Using nitrous does not affect your ability to drive and or return to your normal activities after the appointment. Oral sedation is medication you take prior to your appointment to relax and make you comfortable during your procedure. You will need to be driven to and from your appointment if you choose oral sedation.
• Sleep Health Services Sleep apnea is shallow or paused breathing that can last seconds to minutes while you sleep. You may gasp for breath and make snoring or snorting sounds. This interrupts normal sleep activity as many as 30 or more times an hour, per night. Sufferers often wake in the morning feeling they have not slept at all and may experience sleepiness throughout the day. This is a common problem but many are unaware they have a sleep disorder and untreated obstructive sleep apnea has been linked to high blood pressure, obesity, diabetes, heart failure, and strokes. Typical treatment for sleep apnea is a C-PAP (continuous positive airway pressure therapy) machine which patients find difficult and uncomfortable to use. Our office works closely with your sleep professional to provide customized oral appliances that are comfortable and effective in treating obstructive sleep apnea.
• TMJ, Headaches, and Orofacial Pain Services